Time & Location
About the Event
Immerse yourself in learning a new skill through experienced teachers and hands-on learning in one of seven possible week long classes: basketry, barn quilt painting, pottery, eco printing, photography, painting with wood and stained glass.
All workshops registrations now include: Class instruction and Show & Tell Reception.
Additional Materials Fee may be required by Class Instructors- please check Workshop Description for more details.
- Pottery will meet: July 26, 27, 28 and again August 3 & 4
- Barn Quilts will meet: July 30 & 31 and again August 3 & 4
- Basketry I will meet: July 30, 31 and August 1
- Painting with Wood (Class 1) will meet: July 30, 31 and August 1
- Basketry II will meet: August 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7
- Eco Dyeing will meet: August 4, 5 & 6
- Photography will meet: August 4, 5 & 6
- Stained Glass will meet: August 4, 5 & 6
- Painting with Wood (Class 2) will meet: August 5, 6 & 7
Group Dinner will take place on Thursday, August 6th at The Highland Center. On Friday, the public is invited to see participants creations at the “Show & Tell”- you and your creations will be guests of honor at a Highland Center reception open to the public.
Throughout the week, enjoy all Highland’s scenic, agricultural community has to offer as you share meals featuring local products with other participants. Special events are planned each evening that will add to your experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have cell phone service in Highland County?
This is a rural county with limited cell phone coverage. Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint coverage in the town of Monterey.
2. Do I need to bring my own food?
Limited groceries are available in this area. If you have special needs, it is recommended that you bring them with you. Bearing this in mind, we have put together a meal and entertainment package featuring local chefs and locally grown products. Please see the schedule for more details.
3. How do I find lodging?
We have provided a link to the Highland County Chamber of Commerce website that has a complete listing of lodging facilities. If you are taking Basketry or Pottery we recommend staying in or near Monterey. Barn Quilt students should look for lodging in the Blue Grass Valley. The Stained Glass studio is located in McDowell, VA. If you have further questions, please use our Contact Us page to reach out.
4. What supplies should I bring for my workshop?
While most supplies are provided, the instructors or a staff member will be in touch two weeks prior to your workshop with a complete list of additional supplies needed.
5. Can I take more than one workshop this week?
Our 2020 workshops include both 3 day options as well as 5 day options. If you have the desire, you can sign up for up to two workshops over the two week period. A complete calendar is located in the Workshops tab of this website.
- 3 Day Workshops$150$1500$0
- 4/5 Day Workshops$250$2500$0
- Group Dinner$25$250$0