Time & Location
About the Event
Immerse yourself in learning a new skill through experienced teachers and hands-on learning in one of four possible week long classes: basketry, barn quilt painting, pottery, and stained glass.
All workshops registrations now include: Class instruction, workshop materials, Opening Registration reception, Thursday Night Dinner, Cider Tasting, Entertainment and Show & Tell Reception.
- Basketry, Barn Quilt painting and Stained Glass classes will meet Monday – Friday during the week of July 29 – Aug 2.
- Pottery students will have a slightly different schedule with the added days of Monday – Wednesday, July 22, 23 and 24 and then reconvene on July 31 – Aug 2. (This will allow drying and kiln times necessary for the completion of projects in both slab and thrown pottery techniques).
All other classes meet July 31 through August 2nd, with Friday dedicated to studio clean up and an afternoon “Show & Tell”. At this time, you and your creations will be guests of honor at a Highland Center reception open to the public.
Throughout the week, enjoy all Highland’s scenic, agricultural community has to offer as you share meals featuring local products with other participants. Special events are planned each evening that will add to your experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have cell phone service in Highland County?
This is a rural county with limited cell phone coverage. Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint coverage in the town of Monterey.
2. Do I need to bring my own food?
Limited groceries are available in this area. If you have special needs, it is recommended that you bring them with you. Bearing this in mind, we have put together a meal and entertainment package featuring local chefs and locally grown products. Please see the schedule for more details.
3. How do I find lodging?
We have provided a link to the Highland County Chamber of Commerce website that has a complete listing of lodging facilities. If you are taking Basketry or Pottery we recommend staying in or near Monterey. Barn Quilt students should look for lodging in the Blue Grass Valley. The Stained Glass studio is located in McDowell, VA. If you have further questions, please use our Contact Us page to reach out.
4. What supplies should I bring for my workshop?
While most supplies are provided, the instructors or a staff member will be in touch two weeks prior to your workshop with a complete list of additional supplies needed.
5. Can I take more than one workshop this week?
Each workshop is designed to last one week so you will have the skils necessary to design, craft and complete each project. If you are interested in taking an additional class (or have ideas for another art form not offered) please note that on our evaluation form for the following year.
- 2019 Workshops$200$2000$0